Monday, July 9, 2007

Dirt Endorphins




Gardening is Therapy. I heard on the news that digging in the dirt releases endorphins. Which makes sense, did you ever see an unhappy kid playing in the mud? Gardening is expensive. Someone wrote a book titled "The $60 Tomato". Mine probably cost that or more, but growing things makes me happy. In the backyard, I have tomatoes, peppers, okra, collard greens, green beans, eggplant, yellow squash, zucchini, rosemary, lavender, basil, thyme, and giganto sunflowers. In my front flower bed, I have roses, daisies, delphinium, daliahs, marigolds, carnations, lavender, mint, and May night sage. I have been taking pictures of my progress. It has been money well spent, just counting the pleasure and personal satisfaction that it has given me. I totally dig gardening.

No comments: